2009 was a great year! Here are a few images from throughout the year. Enjoy! I’ll give a little more detail on some of these in later posts. Thanks!
1. Wild California lilacs in the Santa Monica Mountains Los Angeles
2. Cold Toes
3. Warm Light from the south
4. This one above is kind of odd but I love it!
5. A bend in the Virgin River, Zion National Park
6. Nevada’s Great Basin Desert
7a. Mountain Shapes
7b. Beer Gut Star Fish – Northern California Coast Mendicino County
8. “Lupine Island” Trinidad, California
9. 10 minutes away from home – Newbury Park, California
10. Death Valley
11. Death Valley
12. Abandoned Mine – National Trails proposed Monument
13. Treasure Peaks, Eastern Sierra
14. Backpacking at White Sands
15. Antelope Valley with the glow of Los Angeles in the background.
16. Royce and Feather Peaks, Eastern Sierra
17. A new arch hidden out in the Mojave Desert
18. The one shown above is part of my new minimalist series. White Sands, New Mexico
19. Took the one shown above the night I slept on California’s 20th highest peak w/ out a tent and sleepbag
20. A spring snow storm in late April in Lake Tahoe’s Emerald Bay
21.Gaint sand storm in Death Valley, there is an RV in the large photo for scale.
22. Galen Rowell’s famous Milpond rendered in my own way.
23. Neopolitan Ice Cream – Artist’s Palette, Death Valley.
24. Red Rock Canyon State Park, California – I hope to photograph more black and whites in 2010!
25. Finally decided to broaden my horizons with abracts in 2009
26. Iceberg Lake, Eastern Sierra
27. Joshua Tree at Night. There is more I just didn’t have the time to process them all. It may look like I get out often but many of these were taken in the same day.
Let’s see what 2010 has in store for all of us. Make it a great one!
Death Valley workshops – www.ScenicPhotoWorkshops.com
My official website www.SierenPhotography.com